Contribution in Research Area
Title of Ph D thesis: Reuse of Fly Ash to enhance
soil fertility and as a Building Aggregate: A Case Study of
Deepnagar Thermal Power Plant, Bhusawal.
Guide: Dr M V Baride, Formerly Registrar,
North Maharshtra University, Jalgaon, MS; Presently Associate
Professor at Z B Patil College, Dhule.
Details of research work done: My Ph D work is a
case study done for the re-use fly ash of Thermal Power plant of
Deep Nagar, Bhusawal (MS). The fly ash obtained from Deep Nagar
Thermal Power Plant has been used for following three objectives:
- Soil nourishment: Laboratory scale studies are
done using local crops in order to determine the optimum
proportion of fly ash that can enhance the crop growth. The crops
thus produced are examined from edibility point of view.
- Cement replacement in concrete: optimum
proportion of fly ash is determined to enhance the compressive and
flexural strength of cement concrete. The effect of using fly ash
on cost of structure is analyzed.
- In clay bricks manufacturing: Optimum
proportion of fly ash that can be used in clay bricks is
determined. The improvement in compressive strength and water
absorption is determined by laboratory testing and is compared
with standard values. Effect on efflorescence development is also
R & D Activities in College -
- Guided several batches of students for projects of their final
- Design and Layout of Oxidation pond for the town of Kandhari
near Bhusawal (MS) in collaboration with the engineers of MJP.
- Design of Rain water Harvesting scheme for the campus.
- Case study of housing project at Mamurabad for serviceability
Papers published in International Journals:-
- Enhancing soil fertility by fly ash (2010), An International
Research journal of Agriculture and Allied Sciences (Green
Farming), S L Patil, M V Baride, M Husain, 1(1), 67 - 69.
- Fly ash for soil nourishment: a case study for brinjal and
ground-nut (2010) Environmental Conservation Journal, S L Patil, M
V Baride, M Husain, 11 (1 & 2), 25-29.
- Fly ash concrete for road pavement: a techno-economic analysis
(2010) International Journal of Advanced Engineering Technology, S
L Patil, M V Baride, and M Husain, 1(3), 93-100.
- Fly ash concrete- A Technical Analysis for Compressive Strength
(2012) International Journal of Advanced Engineering Research and
Studies, S L Patil, J N Kale , and S Suman, Vol II , 128-129.
- Carbon Credit Gains due to Reuse of Fly Ash in Concrete
Technology (2013) International Journal of Engineering Research
and Technology, S L Patil, V R Diware, and M Husain.
- Utilization of Fly Ash as Soil Amendments in Agricultural
fields in Khandesh Area, ( 2017), Indian Streams Research Journal
, IF 5.1, Dr S L Patil, Swapnil Wagh, Shubham patil, Vol 7, Issue
2, March 2017, ISSN 2230-7850, 1-4
- Optimal Blending of Fly ash with Geospatial characteristics of
soil (2017) , International Journal of Advance Research , Ideas
And Innovations in Technology , IF 4.29, Dr S L Patil , Saurabgh
Naik, Nikhil Nainani , Akash Khanchandani , Akash Virani, Subham
Surve , Karan Lalwani , Vol 3, Issue 3, ISSN 2454-132X, PP 176-182
- Assessment of mass awareness and Willingness for Environmental
protection Dr S L Patil, Dr S B Pawar, DR V R Diware ( 2017),
International journal of creative research Thoughts ISSN 2320-2882
- Application of information technology for Environmental
pollution control Dr S L Patil, Dr S B Pawar ,(2018),International
Journal of Management, Technology and Engineering,ISSN 2249 -
7455, IF 6.3
- Replacement of fine aggregate using glass material in concrete,
Dr S L Patil , Ratilal patil , Chetan patil , Swarna patil,
pratima Vvalvi, Puja Gade (2019),PP881 - 884 International Journal
of Advance Research, Ideas and Technology,ISSN 2454-132X ,IF 4.295
- Treatment of sewage wastewater using an agricultural waste corn
cobs, Dr S L Patil , Lalit patil ,Ruturaj patil , Rohan patil ,
Gopal vairalkar , Kranti Deore,PP 51 - 56 (2019),International
Journal of Advance Research, Ideas and Technology,ISSN
- To improve the fertility of soil using bio char, Dr S L Patil
, Nikita Atolkar, Moreeshwar patil, Prasant Baviskar, Abhishek
patil, Vaishali savale,(2019) PP1236 - 1239 International Journal
of Advance Research, Ideas and Technology, ISSN 2454-132X,IF 4.295
- Experimental studies on concrete utilizing red mud as partial
replacement of cement Dr S L Patil, Bhumesh Kamrani, Akashy patil, Mohd Owais, Kapil Jangid (2019) PP1325-1329, International
Journal of Advance Research, Ideas and Technology ISSN
- Biochar for Soil Nourishment –A Case Study for Tomato & Chilli,
PP4823-4825, Volume 9, Issue 6 2020 - Dr S L Patil, Mayur Lothe, Samadhan Lothe, Bhushan Saindane, Yashkumar Pendhare, Kunal shinde International Journal of Innovative Research in Science Engineering and Technology e-ISSN: 2319-8753, p-ISSN : 2320-6710
Papers published in the proceedings of International
- " Curriculum design environment" S L Patil, M Husain and V
Diware, in the proceedings of International Congress of chemistry
and environment, at Indore (MP) on 16-18 December 2001.
- " Performance appraisal of water treatment plant at Bhusawal
and Jalgaon" S L Patil, M Husain and V Diware, in the proceedings
of International Congress of chemistry and environment, at Indore
(MP) on 16-18 December 2001.
- "An oxidation pond in river!!!" S L Patil, M Husain and Smt
Sakina Shakir, in the proceedings of International Congress of
chemistry and environment, at Indore (MP) during Dec 25 to 27,
- "Environmentally consistent reuse methods of fly ash" by S L
Patil, M V Baride, M Husain, Indo-Italian Conference on Green and
Clean Environment on March 20th 2008.
- "Fly ash enriched bricks" by Emerging S L Patil, M V Baride, M
Husain, Indo-Italian Conference on Emerging trends in waste
management technologies, on Dec 3-4, 2009.
- "Energy Recovery from Municipal Solid Waste" by B. K. Dattary,
S. L.Patil, V. R.Diware, International Conference on Advances in
Energy Technology, on March 29th2013
- "Towards Zero Energy a case study of pearl river tower
Guangzhou" by S. L. Patil, International Conference on
Sustainable Development, on Feb 25- 26 , 2014
- "Waste water treatment" ISSN : 978-93-88544-95-5 28-12-2019 by S. L. Patil, International Conference on Global Trends in Science, Technology, Humanities, Commerce and Management (ICGTSTHCM19)
Papers published in the proceedings of National conferences:-
- "Salinity- a case study of Tapi basin" S L Patil, M Husain, in
the proceedings of National level seminar on salinity in Purna
alluvial basin held at Govt college of engineering Amravati (MS)
on 28-29 January 1999.
- "Solid waste management for the campus of COET Bambhori" S L
Patil, M Husain, in the proceedings of the National level seminar
on Geo-technical and environmental aspect of managing municipal
solid waste, at MNREC Allahabad, UP on 30TH Oct 1999.
- Industry institute interaction, a path ahead" S L Patil, M
Husain, in the proceedings of National level seminar on Towards
excellence in technical education in 21ST century, at College of
engineering Pusad (MS) on 23-24 November 1999.
- Performance appraisal of water treatment plant for the city of
Jalgaon" S L Patil, M Husain, in the proceedings of IWWA National
level seminar on operation and maintenance of water supply schemes
at Amravati (MS) on 25-26 December 1999.
- "Value based engineering education and compliance expected from
self financing engineering colleges" S L Patil, S B Pawar and Dr
Rakesh Mowar, at state level convention of ISTE Goa-Maharashtra
convention on the theme of Value based quality engineering
education: a call of the time, at JTM college of engineering
Faizpur on 15-16 September 2003.
- "Future perspective of industrial waste water management" SL
Patil, M Husain and Veerseh Kaul, at the National level seminar on
Geo-environmental hazards- a future perspective, at JTM college of
engineering Faizpur (MS) on 6-7 October 2003.
- "Fly ash as a soil Nourishing agent for Tomato crop"
S.L.Patil,P.A.Shirule,at the University level paper presentation
at North Maharashtra University Jalgaon M.S.,during December 18
-19,2007.won the second prize. Selected for state level paper
presentation in Avishakar 2008,Inter University Research
Competition during jan11-12th 2008. at SNDT Women's University ,
- "Construction Technology Scheme of Green Building", S.L.Patil
&S.B.Pawar at National level seminar on Green& Clean Technology at
SSBTs College Of Engineering &Technology, Bambhori ,Jalgaon ,M.S.
on 11th March 2012
Subjects taught (UG Level):-
- Engineering Geology at SE Civil Engineering.
Advanced Engineering Geology at B E Civil Engineering.
Remote sensing in geomorphology and Civil Engineering at B E Civil Engineering.
Watershed management at B E Civil Engineering.
Surveying and Geomatics at SE Civil Engineering.
Elements of civil Engineering at FE Engineering
Advanced Surveying Lab at B E Civil Engineering.
Engineering Geology Lab at SE Civil Engineering.
Geology for Engineers at B E Civil Engineering.
Geographic Information System at B E Civil Engineering.
Surveying and Geomatics Lab at SE Civil Engineering.
Projects and Seminars for final year students in Civil Engineering Department.
Subjects taught (PG Level):-
- Watershed management for Master of Engineering in Civil
Engineering with specialization in environmental engineering.
- Guided several projects at PG level.
Note: Got recognition as PG teacher for Master of
Engineering in Civil Engineering with specialization in